Monday, September 17, 2007

House of Blues



The House of Blues is located at Downtown Disney Westside, right across from Disney Quest and adjacent to Cirque Du Soleil. We went a few days ago for a late lunch/early dinner (the menu does not change for lunch/dinner).

My husband and I shared an appetizer of brick oven pizza with mozzarella, marinara and pepperoni and I tried a cup of 'file gumbo', which had shrimp and okra. Both were very good. My gumbo came with a corn muffin as well. For an entree, I ordered a Creole Jambalaya with shrimp, andouille sausages, chicken and rice. It came in what seemed like a never-ending bowl. It had a nice flavor but too spicy for my taste, the kind of spice that blooms long after you've gobbled down the food. My husband went with a po-boy sandwich which looked like a whole loaf of bread stuffed with fried shrimp. He thought it was just 'ok'.

From the outside the restaurant looks like a weathered roadhouse with folk art strewn about on the lawn. The inside is pretty much the same, with folk art placed along the walls, along with the molded faces of singers. They played a mix of blues from Joss Stone to Hendrix. It was a comfortable atmosphere until the dinner crowd came in, mostly parents with babies, but it's Disney, so what do you expect?

Overall, I'm not sure we were impressed enough to go back but it's worth a try if you've never been before.



No comments: