Sunday, September 9, 2007

Epcot's Maelstrom



This is my favorite boat ride attraction in all of Disney and I still can't fully explain why. Is it the 'epic journey' feel as you step in? Is it that classic Disney water smell or the cooling cave-like atmosphere on a hot day? Is it the seaside village that you eventually dock at?

It's one of those overlooked rides (I've never had to wait in line for it yet) and it is reminiscent of the classic Pirate's ride at the Magic Kingdom with just a hint of danger. Also, my husband loves the movie at the end, but it's always amusing to watch everyone quickly shuffle out before it starts. I've heard that they're replacing that movie with a more up-to-date one though...



1 comment:

Michael "Paz" Pascua said...

I think the idea is that gnomes and dwarves actually exist in Norway.